Charleston, SC, March 12-14, 2015
We look forward to seeing you at the SECOLAS 2015 Annual Meeting!
SECOLAS membership current for 2015 and conference registration are required of all presenters, chairs, and commentators at the SECOLAS conference. Conference registration is required of all attendees.
Early registration is over. After January 12, 2015, the registration fees are $150.00 for professionals and $120.00 for students, respectively.
The conference will be held at the Francis Marion Hotel at Charleston, SC. Please keep in mind that hotel bookings are your responsibility, however, there is a discounted price for attendees. For this price, please click here (Attendee Code: SECOLAS)
For a Mail in payment, please send a check made out to SECOLAS to the following addres:
220 N Camden Rd
Wingate, NC 28174.
Attn: Steven Hyland
For Paypal payment, please select an option*:
*There will be NO Refunds.
Registration for Students
Registration for Students plus Membership
Registration for Professionals
Registration for Professionals plus regular Membership
Registration for Professionals plus 3-year membership
Dear SECOLAS Members, please review the attached draft Program for the upcoming 2015 Annual Conference. Changes will be done to this document until the conference, where you will receive a final copy.
Having problems with booking a hotel for the Conference? Please visit this link where we are currently gathering information about the SECOLAS members and attendees that don’t have a hotel booked yet. This way, we hope to get a better price for those of you that could not book a room at the Francis Marion Hotel.
Please visit the link for more details. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear SECOLAS members,
We are counting down the days until we shall get together at Charleston! As the date gets closer, we will publish here the draft programs for the Conference, including some networking activities.
Remember that you need to complete the online roaster, pay the registration fees, and book a hotel room. If you have any questions, you can always contact us at email@example.com.
There are several amazing and relevant activities to do in Charleston, SC. IF you’re attending the conference, you can enjoy this location after the panels or organize your own R and R time during the weekend.
Landmarks to visit:
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge (6.6 miles from Hotel, http://ravenelbridge.net/)
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist (0.9 miles from Hotel, http://charlestoncathedral.com/)
- Waterfront park (1.2 miles from Hotel, http://www.charlestonparksconservancy.org/our_parks/view_park/waterfront_park/)
- Marion Square (0.1 miles from hotel)
- Charleston City Hall (0.9 miles from hotel, http://discoversouthcarolina.com/)
- Rainbow Rox (1.2 miles from hotel)
- Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul (0.5 miles from hotel, http://your-cathedral.org/)
- St. Philips church (0.8 miles from hotel)
- French Huguenot Church (0.9 miles from hotel)
- Magnolia Cemetery (2.7 miles from hotel, http://www.magnoliacemetery.net/)
- Nathaniel Russell House Museum (1.1 miles from Hotel, https://www.historiccharleston.org/Russell.aspx)
- Aiken-Rhett House (0.6 miles from Hotel, https://www.historiccharleston.org/Visit/Museums/Aiken-Rhett-House-Museum.aspx)
- Theatre 99 (0.3 miles from hotel, http://theatre99.com/)
- Charleston Music Hall (0.2 miles from hotel, http://charlestonmusichall.com/)
- Calhoun Mansion (1.9 miles from hotel, http://www.calhounmansion.net/)
- Edmondston-Alston House (1.4 miles from hotel, http://www.edmondstonalston.com/)
- Old Exchange & Provost Dungein (1.1 miles from hotel, http://oldexchange.org/
- Charleston Museum (0.4 miles from hotel, http://www.charlestonmuseum.org/topic.asp?id=1)
- Old Slave Mart Museum (1.0 miles from hotel)
- Confederate Museum (0.6 miles from hotel, http://www.confederatemuseumcharlestonsc.com/)
- South Carolina Aquarium (0.7 miles from hotel, http://scaquarium.org/)
- Candlelight Ghost Tours (0.7 miles from Hotel, http://www.charlestonghostsofthesouth.com/)
- Walks in History (1.1 miles from hotel, http://walksinhistory.com/)
- Charleston in a Nutshell (0.4 miles from hotel, http://charlestoninanutshell.com/)
- Adventure Harbor Tours (0.8 miles from hotel, http://www.adventureharbortours.com/)
Nightlife and Restaurants
- The Gin Joint (1.0 miles from hotel, http://theginjoint.com/)
- Rooftop at The Vendue (1.0 miles from hotel, http://thevendue.com/restaurants/the-rooftop/)
- High Wire Distilling Co. (0.8 miles from hotel, https://highwiredistilling.squarespace.com/)
- Palmetto Brewery (1.4 miles from hotel, http://www.palmettobrewery.com/)
- Upper Deck Tavern (413 ft. from hotel)
- Mynt (0.1 miles from hotel, http://www.myntsouthcarolina.com/)
- Boone’s Bar (492 ft. from hotel, http://www.boonesbar.com/)
- Burns Alley (446 ft. from hotel, http://www.burnsalley.com/)
- Social Wine Bar (1.0 miles from hotel, http://socialwinebar.com/)
- The Cocktail Club (0.3 miles from hotel, http://thecocktailclubcharleston.com/)
**If you are experiencing issues to book a room online for the conference, please contact the Francis Marion Hotel reservation staff at (843) 722-0600**
Named for General Francis Marion, the “Swamp Fox” of the American Revolution, the hotel opened in 1924 as the largest and grandest in the Carolinas. It was originally built by local investors at a cost of $1.5 million from plans by noted New York architect W.L. Stoddart, who also built the gracious Poinsett Hotel in Greenville, SC. Throughout the years, many notable historic and famous clientele enjoyed the hotel’s full service and convenient location. In 1996, an extensive restoration earned the hotel the esteemed National Trust Award and once again the Francis Marion opened its doors as Charleston’s Grand Hotel. More recent refurbishments have added to the comforts of today and enhanced the hotel’s historic ambiance with sleek room décor reminiscent of the 1920’s grandeur.
Today, their traditional services continue to provide doorman and bell service, concierge, valet parking, room service, wireless Internet services, business center, newsstand, gift shop, Spa Adagio, Starbucks™ and a well-equipped fitness center. Guests can enjoy classic Southern cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in The Swamp Fox Restaurant & Bar, a Charleston restaurant, known for its artfully prepared dishes using local farm fresh ingredients. Or simply relax with cocktails and jazz piano music in The Swamp Fox Bar.
In order to attend the conference, it’s your responsibility to book a room at the hotel. However, there is a discounted price for attendees. For this price, please click here (Attendee Code: SECOLAS) or call (843) 722-0600.
We want to have relevant information about our participants, so please fill up the online registration roaster here.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.